Training Modules (101 Classroom, 102 Site)
Training modules can be developed as required for projects and staff can be trained and evaluated against them. Other staff outside of the project can attend these training modules as needed to broaden skillsets.
Example training modules;
- KPI Analysis 101 – Using KPIs to identify likely problems as site.
- Site & RF Basics 101 – Covering basic RF and site construction i.e. what to look for, how to repair, what tools are required.
- Cable Handling & Testing 101 – Correct installation of RF connectors and testing of cables.
- Cable Handling & Testing 102 – Putting learned skills into practice.
- Antenna Alignment 101 – Electrical and mechanical downtilt and AISG.
- Antenna Alignment 102 – Antenna alignment including mechanical downtilt and azimuth panning / pointing.
- Passive Intermodulation Causes and Testing 101 – Introduction to PIM and use of PIM test equipment.
- Passive Intermodulation Testing 102 – Putting learned skills into practice.
- Spectrum Analyser & Interference 101 – Use of spectrum analyser to identify external interference.
- Interference Identification and locating 102 – Putting learned skills into practice.
Methods of Procedure (MOP)
MOP’s can be created for specific projects for use by the trained staff and can also be implemented into the Network Operators routine operations.
Example MOP’s include the following:
- Interference Hunting – tailored to Network Operators test equipment. Includes on site measurements as well as drive test measurements.
- Site PIM and VSWR testing – instructions on performing site testing as well as identifying probable faults at site.
- Site Acceptance and Auditing – the inspection of a site for final acceptance, detailed record taking and block diagrams of the site.
- Component Acceptance – the testing of components before installation.
- Investigating OSS KPIs – how to identify issues that are impacting site KPIs.
Skills & Outcomes
Once completed, trained staff will have a specific set of skills allowing them to continue with further ongoing test and repair programs. In addition, trained staff will be able to provide internal training to other staff.
Skills and outcomes that this provides;